Brain in a mushy mode today.
I have finished all of the UV mapping and texure work – except for the dirt maps etc as I wanted to see what the house would be like without the extra stuff on it.
I was going to move on to subD and displacement work today – unfortunately my brain has had a complete and utter melt down. I hit the ‘add subdivisions’ – this was fine, then added supporting edges to everywhere which was needed – which turned out to be a fair amount of places, as you can imagine. Only I spread out the edges when they weren’t needed so that the displacement looked better. I am now in the situation where the UV map is now distorted where I move the supporting edges.
Looks like it is back to the drawing board until I can figure it out – unfortunately UV mapping has never been my favourite thing to do, and this is one of the reasons why!! Grrr